There are several reasons as to why the integration between Operoo and SIMS would stop working.
The first step is to check the sync logs.
1. Check the Sync Logs
Go to "Settings", then "Integration Settings"
Click "Sync Logs" to view it.
Check for any errors on the last sync.
The dates are listed with the most recent on top.
The sync logs will give you a good idea as to what could be causing it.
See the list below for some of the reasons:
1.1. The Operoo Agent service is not set to run automatically
- Open Windows services and ensure that the Operoo agent service is set to automatic.
1.2. Incorrect "connect.ini" folder path
- Ensure that you have the correct folder path listed. Check and update when necessary by clicking the "yellow" pencil icon.
- Check the "SIMS Connect.ini folder" setting
1.3. Operoo sync agent and SIMS database mismatch
- Ensure that you have the most recent version of our sync agent. Refer to this article for the installation instructions.
1.4. Insufficient privileges for the Operoo SIMS user
- The user configured for the integration should have the following permissions in your SIMS database:
- Read and Write Access:
- SIMS Students
- Table Lookup Records
- Read Access:
- Staff Assignment Records
The easiest way to check if the SIMS user has enough permission is by logging in to SIMS with the same username and check if you can access the information listed under Read and Read/Write access as well as being able to edit the fields for those that require Read/Write access as listed above.
1.5. API error
- The Operoo agent needs to make an API call from the computer it's running on to https://eu.operoo.com.
Security settings/permissions on the computer could prevent the agent from making the API call.
Check for the following:
- Does the user running the Operoo agent service have network access?
- Is there a firewall preventing outbound calls to Operoo on port 443 (the https port)?
- Is there a proxy server that is attempting to intercept the https call?
- Was the API key changed?
- An easy way to check for API problems is to sign in as the same user running the service and attempt to access the interactive API documentation using the same API key.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Log on to your Operoo account
- Go to "Settings", then click "Keys and Permissions"
- Click the "interactive documentation" link.